A woman’s appearance is always made up of little things. Now more and more attention is paid to the condition of the eyebrows, since they transform woman’s face. Not everyone is able to self-correct eyebrows with tweezers, so the brow waxing procedure is becoming more and more popular. Eyebrow waxing is not an easy but effective technique that allows you to quickly remove unnecessary hairs.
What is eyebrow waxing?
Eyebrow waxing is a technique for removing unnecessary hairs from the eyebrows, aimed at correcting their shape. The procedure replaces the standard plucking of hairs with tweezers, which often ends up in their partial breaking, which looks sloppy.
Eyebrow waxing is carried out most often in the salon, since inaccurate application of the composition can lead to the tearing off of excess hairs.
Advantages and disadvantages of hair removal
Eyebrow waxing is becoming more and more popular every day. Even new eyebrows specialists are now starting to use wax instead of the usual thread or tweezers when shaping.
Such popularity is connected with the advantages of eyebrow hair removal:
- Speed. Unlike tweezers, which gradually removes one hair at a time, wax captures 20-30 pieces at once, which is why a complete eyebrow correction takes 15-20 minutes;
- Versatility. The method is suitable even for light and small hairs;
- Painlessness. During the waxing of the eyebrows, the girl practically does not feel discomfort;
- Possibility of self-execution;
- Long-term effect. Eyebrows remain well-groomed for up to 3-4 weeks.
In addition, eyebrow waxing has a cumulative effect. Over time, the hairs become lighter and softer, which is why they are not so noticeable during regrowth.
The procedure also has disadvantages:
- Impossibility of correction. Accidental removal of part of the eyebrow cannot be corrected, you just need to wait until it grows back by itself;
- Risk of thermal burns. Overheated wax will damage sensitive skin;
- It is not always possible to achieve the ideal eyebrow shape using only wax.
Before waxing the eyebrows, it is important to refuse any type of correction for 2 weeks. This is due to the fact that wax captures hair, the length of which is from 3-4 mm.
Contraindications to the waxing procedure
Despite the relative safety and painlessness of the technique, pulling out hairs with roots always causes a reaction of nerve endings, which is why hair removal of eyebrows with wax has some contraindications.
There are not many restrictions for health reasons, but it is important to consider them:
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Allergy to wax.
- Papillomas or warts on the treated area.
- Hypersensitivity of the skin.
- After a recent tattoo or eyebrow microblading.
The procedure is recommended after menstruation. The pain threshold rises at this time, which makes the skin less susceptible to pain.
Varieties of wax for eyebrow shaping
Whether in the salon or when waxing your eyebrows at home, you can use different types of wax: hot, warm or cold. All methods effectively remove hairs from the roots, however, the techniques for their implementation differ significantly.
Hot wax initially has the form of hard granules, which are melted in a water bath or in a special device – a wax melter, up to 50-60 degrees.
Then a thin layer of liquid wax is applied to the skin, and after hardening, it breaks off with a sharp movement of the hand, capturing all the hairs.
The advantage of this method is that even a beginner will be able to gently apply wax, and when plucked, it does not capture the hairs nearby, which helps to get closer to the desired shape of the eyebrow. However, there is also a minus – there is a high probability of getting a thermal burn even with a slight overheating of the composition.
In this version, the wax is sold in a ready-made semi-liquid state, and to use it, it is enough to heat the package in a microwave oven to 40-50 degrees.
The wax is applied to the skin and fixed on top with a special strip. After full fixation of the strip, it is torn off along with the hairs with a single movement of the hand.
Since the wax does not harden, it can accidentally pick up excess hair from the eyebrow that does not need to be removed. Because of this, the method is usually not applied on the face.
For this technique, ready-made wax strips are used, which are fixed at the eyebrows and torn off with a sharp movement. Cold waxing is used most often, since it pulls off only the necessary hairs as clearly and efficiently as possible.
However, it is cold depilation that is considered the most painful, therefore it has more restrictions for health reasons.
How is the procedure performed?
Often, waxing is carried out in the salon, since certain skill is needed to accurately correct and shape eyebrows using wax.
The session itself in the salon is as follows:
- First, the specialist examines the waxing area and discusses with the client the final result to strive for.
- Eyebrows are cleaned and disinfected with a special solutions.
- The hairs are smoothed with a brush.
- The skin is dusted with talcum powder.
- The wax is heated to the optimum temperature and gently applied to the skin in a thin layer.
- When performing the hot technique, the master waits 10-15 seconds until the wax hardens, and then rips it off in one motion.
Warm method: a piece of fabric or a strip is applied to the wax, carefully smoothed and torn off abruptly.
Cold method: wax strips are heated between the palms, then fixed on the skin, smoothed and torn off.
- If necessary, the procedure is repeated.
- Single hairs are removed with tweezers.
- The skin is re-disinfected.
- A soothing lotion is applied to the skin after depilation.
Typically, an eyebrow shaping session lasts up to half an hour, which is an excellent indicator relative to other methods of removing unnecessary hairs.
You can also do the procedure at home, but do not neglect the waxing steps, including preparing the skin for work and applying a soothing lotion.
Keep in mind that wax should be applied in the direction of hair growth, and plucked in the opposite direction. This will prevent ingrowths.
Which wax is better for removing and styling eyebrows – manufacturers rating
If you want to wax your eyebrows yourself at home, you should first pay attention to the choice of wax. Only a good composition will easily spread over the skin and tear off in one stroke.
|Lumene||Modeling Wax||Pure cosmetic wax without additional components. It is absolutely safe and easy to use.|
|Givenchy & NYX||Eyebrow Pencil||Perfect pencils for eyebrows make up, color and shaping, long lasting effect and variety of colors.|
|Ital Wax||Hot waxing granules||Several types of film wax. Titanium dioxide, included in the composition, provides a strong adhesion of wax to the skin, capturing all the hairs.|
|Veet||Wax strips||Wax strips for different skin types. Contains herbal ingredients that prevent irritation after waxing.|
For eyebrow shaping, waxing is used quite often, since it allows you to remove even small hairs, making the eyebrows well-groomed and graceful. You can do the procedure yourself, but be careful when choosing a technique to avoid accidentally removing the desired hair.