Many ladies now independently remove unwanted hair from the body by using wax for this. However, the procedure has a lot of subtleties that are important to consider in order to obtain a positive result. Often, after the procedure, small sticky areas remains on the body, which are not so easy to remove, since there are many ways to remove wax from the skin after waxing, but not all of them are effective.
How to remove or wash off wax residues from the skin at home?
Wax is a fairly malleable hair remover when compared to sugaring paste. However, not all ladies rip it off completely, which is why sticky areas often remain on the treated area.
In addition to special formulations for removing wax after procedure, there are many folk recipes, but you should not use water for this. It will lead to the opposite result – the wax will harden, its adhesion to the epidermis will increase, making it more difficult to wash it off.
IMPORTANT! Remove wax from the skin immediately, without waiting for it to harden. The sooner you do this, the less risk you have to leave bruises or bruises on your skin.
In the pharmacy, you can find special wipes designed for waxing. The serum with which they are impregnated quickly softens the structure of the wax and promotes its separation from the epidermis.
You can also buy a separate post-wax remover. It is sold as a solution or spray. It is applied to the skin for 20-30 seconds, and then wiped off along with the sticky layer with a cotton pad or napkin.
You can use any oily cream / lotion or regular baby cream. It is applied to the sticky area in a thick layer for two minutes, and then, with one movement of the towel, it is wiped off along with the wax.
The cream is absolutely safe for the lady, but sometimes it requires reapplication if after the first time the skin remains sticky.
Ladies often use oil to remove wax from the skin, as it penetrates into its structure and reduces adhesion to the surface. Oil is suitable for any type of wax, and breaks it down in a matter of seconds.
To do this, a cotton pad is thoroughly soaked in oil and applied to the contaminated area for 15-20 seconds. Then, with a smooth movement upward, the cotton pad is pulled together with a part of the wax. If necessary, the manipulation is repeated 1-2 more times.
Vegetable oil can be replaced with any cosmetic oil (for example, burdock or tea tree oil). In addition to cleaning the skin, it additionally moisturizes it.
Lint-free cotton towel
Before removing wax from your skin after waxing with the towel, make sure that it is free of lint, otherwise it will remain on your skin and will only make the situation worse. The towel itself must be clean.
Iron the towel thoroughly or heat it with hot air from a hair dryer. Then quickly apply it to the sticky area of the skin and press for 15-20 seconds. The towel quickly melts and absorbs the wax, leaving the skin smooth and non-sticky.
In most cases, water not only does not help to wash the hardened wax from the skin, but also aggravates the situation, since it begins to harden faster, and the adhesion increases.
However, sometimes warm water can be used for the final removal of stickiness after other methods. To do this, moisten a towel with warm (closer to hot) water and apply on the contaminated area for 10-15 seconds, then gently pull it together with the sticky layer.
It is strictly forbidden to use water for large-scale cleaning of the skin from wax. Otherwise, it will not work to avoid bruises and hematomas in the treated area.
The best way to remove wax from clothes
Choosing how to remove wax from the skin after waxing is quite simple, since there are many options available to every woman. However, there are times when it stays on clothes, upholstered furniture, or a towel. Then it will be much more difficult to clean the contaminated areas.
If you still have wax on your clothes after waxing, start removing it immediately, without waiting for it to completely solidify.
The algorithm for cleaning clothes is pretty simple:
- With a spatula, remove the upper part of the wax, which can be easily removed. It is not necessary to rub it over the surface, the area of the spot should not increase, but only become thinner.
- Roll up the napkin several times and place it under the cloth where the stain appears. Its size should be 2-3 times larger than the spot.
- Place a small piece of cotton over the stain itself. Make sure there is no lint on it.
- Connect the iron to the power supply and heat it to 70-80 degrees Celsius, and then start ironing the napkin. Gradually the wax will start to melt and be absorbed into it.
- Change the napkin backing and cotton piece, repeat the manipulation until all the wax is gone from the clothes.
- After a complete cleaning of the fabric, it will be enough to wash it, and it will return to its previous state.
It is quite easy to clean clothes and textiles, but it is not possible to remove wax from the upholstery of upholstered furniture at home, therefore, it is recommended to carry out waxing only in the bathroom.
If you accidentally stain the surface of the iron with wax while melting it, unplug the iron, cool it down and wipe the stain off with vegetable oil.
What rules should be followed during waxing to reduce stickiness
Despite the fact that there are many options for how to wash off the waxing after the procedure, its inaccurate removal can always leave a mark on the delicate skin of a woman. Because of this, during self-waxing, it is important to pay attention to some recommendations that will help to avoid sticky marks:
- Apply wax to the skin as thin as possible. So the risk of “sticking” is reduced, and it will be much easier to remove it;
- For even application of the compound, use a special wooden or metal spatula. Do not replace them with improvised means to get the most accurate effect and smoothness of the skin;
- When performing the strips method of hair removal, firmly press the strips against the skin and smooth them against the skin for 10-15 seconds. So the adhesion to the epidermis will be higher, which will ensure complete removal of wax;
- Pre-clean the area to be treated completely and dry it with a paper towel, wax does not like moisture. Additionally, before applying the composition, the skin is covered with talcum powder or baby powder.
The procedure should be carried out in unnecessary clothes, which in case of damage it will not be a pity to throw away, as well as with tied up hair, since it is very difficult to separate wax from hair.
Sometimes the wax does not come off the skin completely due to the lack of sharpness in the movements of the person performing the procedure. If you are just getting started with wax, use simpler waxing options that will not only be safe for you, but will ensure complete removal of hair follicles.
Even if all the recommendations for waxing are followed, after the procedure, sticky marks often remain on the body. It is quite easy to get rid of them if you prepare and take the necessary solutions and materials with you to the bathroom. Gently scrubbing sticky areas will keep your skin clear and prevent bruising or marks.