Every woman dreams is getting rid of unwanted hair in the intimate area forever. Men resort to the services of aesthetic cosmetology as well. It is necessary to take into account the contraindications and consequences of laser hair removal of a deep bikini. It is useful for clients to learn how to avoid complications of a delicate procedure and preserve the beauty and aesthetics of the skin.
Advantages and disadvantages
The skin in the intimate area is sensitive and delicate. To avoid inflammation and irritation, choose the right method for removing unwanted hair. Deep bikini laser hair removal is the most effective and safe way. The beautician removes hair from the pubis, outer labia and inner thighs.
The beam affects the melanin in the hairs, destroying the follicles and sealing off the blood vessels that feed it. As a result, the client gets beautiful, clear skin
In addition to safety and effectiveness, there are many advantages of deep bikini laser hair removal:
- Does not cause an allergic reaction;
- The risk of bruising, burns, scars and wounds is minimal;
- Even removal of the hair;
- Handling the entire zone at once;
- The procedure does not take more than 50 minutes;
- There is no risk of ingrown hairs;
- The result is noticeable after the first session;
- Preservation of the achieved effect up to 5 years.
Laser hair removal on the bikini area helps restore the natural firmness of the skin in the treated area. The relief is smoothed out.
Hair is permanently removed even in hard-to-reach places. Thanks to modern technologies, the laser removes even light hairs, on dark skin.
You can get rid of hair for a long time only if you go through the full course of sessions. The result will be permanent and complete, but the interval between procedures must be observed. How often can bikini laser hair removal be done? This criterion depends on the individual characteristics of the client: hair and skin type, growth rate and volume. Usually a minimum of 5-6 laser treatments are required, which is considered a disadvantage for some.
Also from the disadvantages is noted:
- First session removes only 40% of the total number of hairs;
- It is forbidden to visit solariums, baths, saunas and swimming pools after the procedure;
- You will have to stop taking medications for a week before and after the cosmetology session;
- Increased pigmentation in the treatment area;
- High cost of the procedure;
- Not allowed to remove regrown hairs by using waxing, sugaring and other similar methods.
With insufficient qualifications of the specialist, negative consequences are possible: burns, injuries, inflammation of the follicles.
Who is the procedure suitable for?
The indication for deep bikini laser hair removal is primarily dense hair growth. Often, women and men turn to a beautician when, on the contrary, there are few hairs, but they do not grow evenly.
For clients who have had no results or are contraindicated due to allergies or high pain thresholds from other methods of hair removal are suitable for laser hair removal sessions. The procedure helps get rid of blackheads, ingrown hairs that appeared after sugaring or shaving with a machine.
Absolute and relative contraindications
The aesthetic cosmetology procedure has a number of contraindications: absolute and relative. A competent specialist, consulting a client, will first request a series of tests to prevent complications of chronic pathologies and other problems.
The absolute contraindications for deep bikini laser hair removal are:
- Oncology. Exposure to laser beams can trigger the growth of malignant tumors.
- Diabetes mellitus and other endocrine diseases. Metabolic processes with such violations are slowed down, immunity is weakened. There is a high likelihood of a negative reaction to laser radiation.
- Viral, bacterial, fungal infections. Possible infection of others and the progression of diseases.
- HIV, AIDS. There is a high likelihood of side reactions of the body, possibly aggravating the disease.
- Dermatological problems. The laser can provoke a relapse of healed and exacerbation of current pathologies.
- Open wounds in the treated area. A specialist can infect an infection even if sanitary and hygienic conditions are met.
Some experts consider pregnancy and lactation a contraindication for laser hair removal. Data on the effect of laser radiation on the fetus is not enough, but in order to avoid negative reactions, it is worth abandoning the procedure.
The tendency to form keloid scars should be the reason for choosing other methods of hair removal. Even with minimal scarring, connective tissue can grow.
Also, laser hair removal of the deep bikini area is prohibited in the following situations:
- Epilepsy and other pathologies that cause involuntary muscle contraction;
- Violation of hematopoiesis;
- Presence of moles, warts;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Intake of antibiotics, hormonal agents;
- Hyperpigmentation in the area of laser exposure;
- Increased sensitivity of the skin.
During menstruation, women have an increased pain threshold, therefore, in order for the procedure to be painless, it is recommended to consult a beautician 7-10 days after the start of the menstrual cycle.
Age under 18 is considered a relative contraindication to laser hair removal of a deep bikini: the body, due to a disturbed hormonal balance during development, may react incorrectly to the procedure.
Cosmetologists for clients with dark skin or gray hair choose diode or neodymium laser, which is effective in such cases.
What are the complications and consequences?
Complications and side reactions are possible only in the absence of qualifications from the specialist or during the procedure if there are contraindications.
The negative effects of deep bikini laser hair removal:
- Allergic reactions;
- Lack of the desired result;
- Inflammation of the follicles;
- Exacerbation of current pathologies;
- Increased pigmentation.
Some clients refuse to wear safety glasses during the procedure. Exposure to the laser can adversely affect the function of the eyes.
Small consequences of laser hair removal of a deep bikini with contraindications are shown in the photo. The skin is irritated, redness is visible.
Uncontrolled laser hair removal will reduce the effectiveness of the technique. A competent specialist will never prescribe a treatment if the hairs have not yet grown back and left the “dormant” stage. How often do you need to do laser hair removal on a bikini to avoid harm and achieve maximum effect? Usually the interval between sessions is at least 4 weeks, and after each procedure it increases by 2 weeks.
The client should consult a therapist, dermatologist and gynaecologist (women), and pass the necessary tests. If there are no contraindications for deep bikini laser hair removal, it is important to follow simple rules:
- Avoid taking antibiotics, hormonal agents 2 weeks before and after the session.
- Do not visit solariums, swimming pools and saunas 2 weeks before and after the procedure.
- If the patient is prone to candidiasis, it is important to use antifungal suppositories or tablets.
- For 3 days and a week after laser hair removal, do not apply aggressive cosmetics to the treated area (peeling, scrubs, and rich creams).
- Immediately before the procedure, it is imperative to carry out hygienic treatment of the bikini area.
In order for the laser beam to maximally affect the hair and bulb, it is important to shave the area before the procedure, the optimal hair length is 2-4 mm.
Any procedure of aesthetic cosmetology is effective only if contraindications, consequences and precautions are taken into account. If you know how often to do laser hair removal for bikini, how to care for your skin before and after sessions, you can get rid of the problem of excess vegetation for a long time.