According to a social survey, hard hair or soft fluff in the cheek or chin area worries more than 65% of people. Excessive facial hair is a problem not only for men, but also for women. Therefore, laser hair removal of the chin is a demanded cosmetology service. Clients want to know what contraindications the procedure has, how to properly prepare for it and how to take care of the skin after.
What type of cosmetology device is preferable for the chin area?
Laser hair removal on the chin, unlike other procedures, does not cause side effects and, with a competent approach, helps to forget about unwanted hair forever. The beam acts point wise on each hair, in contrast to photo epilation, during which a fairly large area of the face is treated in one approach.
The chin is considered to be a difficult area for processing, it requires both targeted and local exposure to the beam. The imbalance of hormones often affects this area, so a course of laser hair removal on the chin should be performed every 2 years.
It is worth considering other parameters of aesthetic cosmetology using laser radiation. At the first session, cosmetologists choose a laser depending on the skin phototype and hair color. Laser hair removal for the chin area is distinguished by the type of laser:
- Alexandrite. Radiation length 755 nm. Suitable for light skin types, mainly 1-3 types.
- Diode. The radiation length is 800-810 nm. Suitable for any skin type.
- Neodymium. The depth of penetration into the layers of the epidermis is 1064 nm. Used on dark and black skin.
The pulse duration for laser hair removal of the chin is important: for light hairs and soft fluff, short-pulse devices are suitable, for coarse and dark hair, a longer exposure is needed, over 100 milliseconds.
Laser is painless, but for clients with a high pain threshold, cosmetologists use additional anesthetic mechanical and hardware methods: a cooling system or anesthetic gels.
Indications and contraindications
The indication for a course of laser hair removal on the chin is excess hair growth, which causes aesthetic discomfort in women or men. Clients suffering from regularly growing hairs on the most visible area of the face often seek the help in laser cosmetology. However, it is not uncommon for men who do not want to let go of their beard or who are faced with such problems sign up for a cosmetologist:
- Asymmetrical growth line;
- Increased sweating;
- Ingrown hairs;
- Stiff bristles.
Irritation with any type of shaving is often the reason for going to the beautician.
Competent cosmetologists do not laser hair on the chin if there are contraindications:
- Diseases of the endocrine system;
- Benign growths on the face or a large number of moles on the body;
- Tendency to form keloid scars;
- Fresh tan;
- Open wounds in the treatment area;
- Susceptibility to the appearance of age spots;
- Viral and fungal pathologies of internal organs;
- Herpes and other skin infections;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Epilepsy, mental disorders.
While taking antibiotics, antiviral, hormonal drugs, the procedure is not performed. Experts advise to refrain from laser hair removal for 14 days after medication treatment.
Pregnancy and lactation for laser hair removal of the chin in women is a relative contraindication. The body during hormonal changes may incorrectly respond to the effects of radiation. For the same reason, sessions are not recommended for clients under the age of 18.
How to prepare for chin laser hair removal
Preparation of the first session with a beautician begins 14 days prior. The effectiveness of the procedure depends primarily on the client. The rules before laser hair removal on the chin are as follows:
- Apply sunscreen to the intended treatment area. Sunbathing is prohibited.
- Stop taking antibiotics and hormonal drugs 2 weeks before going to the beautician.
- In 14 days it is worth to stop the plucking of hairs, you can shave off. Two days before the session, abandon the removal completely: for a high-quality result, the hairs must grow at least 2 mm.
- 5 days before the procedure, do not treat the skin with alcohol-containing compounds and new cosmetics, an allergic reaction is possible.
- Peeling and scrubbing cannot be carried out for three days.
- Immediately before the procedure, you need to cleanse the skin.
Women are advised to undergo the procedure a week before or after their period to avoid painful sensations.
Before the procedure, the cosmetologist additionally cleanses the skin with professional products. The technician and the client wear goggles to protect the eyes from radiation. Further, the process of laser hair removal of the chin area is as follows:
- The beautician adjusts the length of the laser beam depending on the client’s skin type and hair color.
- In the area of the chin, beautician applies point landmarks with a special compound.
- Treats the skin with anesthetics.
- Laser hair removal starts with the device that is brought close to the problem area for a few seconds, moving to another. Some devices include a cooling system between flashes to reduce discomfort.
- After the session, apply a moisturizing gel of a loose consistency to the skin.
The procedure takes not more than 30 minutes. Skin reddening is possible immediately after laser hair removal.
How long does the result last?
After the first session, up to 40% of regrown hairs are removed. The laser cannot remove hair that has not yet grown back. Therefore, after 3-4 weeks a second session will be needed. The interval between the third and subsequent procedure is increased to 5-7 weeks.
Usually 4-6 sessions are needed. After a course of laser hair removal on the chin, the hair disappears for at least 12-16 months. Then a course of correction is needed.
After care advice
ЧTo avoid complications after laser hair removal on the chin, it is worth taking proper care of your skin. It is worth excluding sunbathing, trips to the sea. Also prohibited:
- Use aggressive cosmetics, high-density fat creams. Make-up should be discarded.
- Visit swimming pools and saunas. Chlorinated water can cause an allergic reaction.
- Take hot baths, shower with hot water.
- Take antibiotic, hormonal drugs during the first 2 weeks.
- Remove growing hairs from the root. Sugaring, waxing and other procedures can reduce the effectiveness of laser hair removal.
- Engage in physical exercise and hard physical work. During exercise, person sweats increased which contributes to the inflammation of the recently treated area.
After the procedure, it is necessary to apply anti-inflammatory and regenerating creams and gels. You need to use moisturizing cosmetics regularly.
Laser hair removal of the chin is a demanded service of aesthetic cosmetology. If you prepare for the procedure correctly and know how to take care of your skin after it, you can forget about hated hairs for a long time.