Hair over the upper lip is a real problem for many ladies. This unpleasant nuance can spoil the ideal beauty. However, there is salvation. Electrolysis, if it does not get rid of hair forever it will definitely make the skin above the lip smooth. But the area above the upper lip is delicate, and antennae electrolysis in women is an aggressive method of dealing with unwanted hair. Should you be afraid? If you find a good clinic and a specialist, then no. We will describe the rest of the nuances below.
What is facial electrolysis?
Antennae electrolysis is performed for both women and men. Many clinics promise that with this method it will be possible to get rid of hair permanently. However, there is no guarantee of complete hair loss.
Important! Clinical studies have shown that electrolysis is the most effective method for getting rid of unwanted vegetation. Indeed, only this method makes it possible in some cases to forget about hair. In the US, there is a government agency that even allowed this hair removal method to be labeled “permanent hair removal,” which means permanent hair removal. For example, photo and laser hair removal uses the mark “permanent hair reduction”, that is, a reduction in the amount of hair.
This type of hair removal is carried out only in specialized medical institutions. The problem is that this type is traumatic. Therefore, it is imperative to comply with all sanitary and hygienic requirements. Otherwise, the procedure can lead to dangerous consequences, especially on the face.
Mustache electrolysis is a method of hair removal using an electrical discharge that is directed at the bulb and completely destroys it forever.
There are three main types of electrolysis:
- Electrolysis is one of the most common types. With the help of direct current, an alkali is formed, which fills the hair canal causing chemical burns and necrosis of the bulb;
- Thermolysis – here an alternating current is already used and the hair is destroyed by rapid heating, thermally;
- Flash method – one of the subspecies of thermolysis, the only difference is in increasing the current strength and reducing the exposure time. This saves time, but increases the risk of burns and wounds;
- Blend method – this method uses the principles of electrolysis and thermolysis. However, it is most often used to remove deep and ingrown hairs, and not all in a row;
The doctor will recommend which method to choose. Electrolysis is less painful, but thermolysis is considered more effective for complete removal.
With regard to facial hair removal, it is not a fact that it will be possible to do with just one procedure. Most likely you will have to come to the medical center 2 to 4 times. The power of the electric current is selected individually for each client, based on personal characteristics.
Contraindications to woman upper lip electrolysis
At the first consultation, your doctor should ask his client about the health condition. The fact is that this type of hair removal (however, like any other), has contraindications.
Here are some of them, in which electrolysis is strongly discouraged:
- Any disorders of the nervous and mental spectrum;
- Disease of the lymphatic system;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Varicose veins in the area where the procedure is planned;
- Ischemic heart disease, hypertension, heart attacks;
- Tendency to form keloid and other types of scars (in this case, the likelihood of their formation is high);
- Intrauterine device;
- Any skin diseases;
- Infections and viruses;
- Implantation of gold threads;
- If the upper lip has any wounds or scratches;
- Piercing, in the place where electrolysis is performed.
In addition, any other disease can be a contraindication. This is why a specialist must have a medical degree. He must necessarily consult before the session and exclude all possibilities due to which complications may occur.
The principle of electrolysis over the upper lip
As for electrolysis over the upper lip, because due the delicacy of the place, this procedure will have to be approached even more seriously. Initially, you will have to carry out thorough preparation:
- The day before the session, peel the face. This will help get rid of the scales that are blocking access to the follicle.
- If you have any medical condition, be sure to consult your doctor.
- With a high pain threshold, be sure to consult with a specialist about possible methods of pain relief. It is unlikely that it will be possible to use an injection, so it is better to ask a specialist about creams and sprays.
- In no case do the procedure if there is a temperature.
- Before you come to electrolysis, you should not apply decorative cosmetics.
The principles of facial electrolysis are not very different from others. Likewise, a cosmetologist will help get rid of hair using small electrical discharges. The current will enter the bulb with a thin, sterile needle (remember to make sure the needle is truly sterile, as there will be very small punctures on your face). It will be injected to a depth of 1 to 5 millimeters. The method, mode and duration will be selected by the doctor based on the level of hirsutism. That is, from how much hair will be above the lip.
Important! After the session, the skin will most likely turn red, possibly some painful sensation, as well as itching. Don’t worry, this is a normal reaction.
Post-electrolysis care is very important. Some skin problems are possible due to improper care.
- The first day do not allow water to enter the treated area. In case of accidental contact, treat with chlorhexidine or another antiseptic suitable for the face;
- In the next days, constantly treat the skin with antiseptics;
- Do not sunbathe, do not go to the sauna;
- Do not scrub the skin;
- Give up decorative cosmetics for a few days.
With the right approach to this procedure, the hair will go away forever without any problems.
Advantages and disadvantages
And of course, before visiting the procedure, it is imperative to evaluate all the advantages and disadvantages of electrolysis over the upper lip. Let’s consider some of them.
- The only method that will get rid of hair forever;
- Most often the procedure is carried out by qualified specialists;
- Helps in the fight against hirsutism;
- Suitable for all skin types;
- Hair color and thickness does not affect the effect of electrolysis in any way.
- Sufficiently painful;
- A large list of contraindications. The procedure is not for everyone;
- Risk of scarring;
- Immediately after the procedure, the skin will most likely turn red, for the face it is quite an unpleasant moment;
- High price;
- The risk of getting to a bad master who can harm;
- Contact method;
- Duration of the procedure.
Despite the long list of disadvantages, electrolysis over the lip is very effective and very popular. If you approach the choice of a doctor and clinic correctly, then there will be no problems, and the skin will delight with its smoothness.