Electrolysis is the most effective way to completely get rid of hair forever. Along with this, it is the most painful and expensive way. Therefore, it is understandable why potential customers are so concerned about the length and number of sessions. Only your specialist can unambiguously answer the question of how many procedures will be needed. But before visiting, you can at least roughly calculate how many sessions will be needed using this article.
- What determines the effectiveness of electrolysis – how quickly does hair grow?
- How long do different body areas take?
- Bikini area
- Armpit area
- Leg area
- Hand area
- Face, upper lip and eyebrows
- Belly, chest, back and buttocks
- How many electrolysis sessions do you need to perform?
- Is it possible to get rid of excess hair forever?
What determines the effectiveness of electrolysis – how quickly does hair grow?
Such cosmetic procedures are undergoing a number of studies. According to the results of clinical studies, this type of hair removal, such as electrolysis, is the only hair removal method that allows you to permanently remove hair. The Food and Drug Administration of the United States gives permission to use the mark “permanent hair removal”, which literally means “permanent hair removal”. This mark is only used for electrolysis. All other types of hair loss are labelled as “permanent hair reduction”, which means “hair reduction”.
Therefore, when you come across reviews on the network that say that electrolysis did not help, do not believe them. It’s all about time. Naturally, the first result will be after the first session. However, the number of sessions depends on such factors:
- Bikini area;
- Genetic factors;
- The amount of melanin in the body;
- Color, structure and density of hair;
- The presence or absence of hirsutism.
Do not expect that hair can be completely eliminated after 1-2 procedures. Some women visit cosmetologist for years to achieve amazing results and forget about hair in delicate areas forever.
In addition, the first session, is called a trial and it can take several procedures. The thing is that the first visit only very patient women can withstand painful electrolysis for a long time.
- Session (trials) – these are the first visits to the doctor, during which the entire surface is cleaned;
- 1 entry – the time of the first procedure and at this time it is not necessary that hair is removed from the entire zone. Most likely, the cosmetologist will have time to process about a quarter or half of the area.
Important! In general, complete hair removal will take several years. All because of the pain and complexity of the procedure. However, after visiting the entire course, you can forget about hair forever.
How long do different body areas take?
As for the number of procedures and sessions by zone, of course they will differ. The exact number of procedures at the first consultation will not even be said by the doctor himself. Apparently, it will be only after the first few visits to the clinic and depends on the effectiveness.
The most popular area, however, it will take the longest time to remove hair from the bikini area. All because of the dense and coarse hair. You will have to visit a specialist at least 10 times, or maybe 15. And in total, you will need 5-6 sessions. All this will take at least 1.5-2 years. It will not be possible to visit the treatment room more than once a month. After such a number of procedures, the hair will most likely go away forever (yes, each of the hair will have to be removed with a current 10-15 times). After a couple of years, you can visit the procedure again for a complete cleaning.
So, it is recommended to sign up according to the following scheme:
- Time for the first procedure: no more than 30 minutes;
- Estimated time to process the entire zone : from 6 to 12 hours.
Another delicate area with very delicate skin. By the way, some experts do not recommend doing electrolysis in this particular place because of the thinness of the skin. However, if there are no contraindications, then you can get rid of armpit hair forever. This will require at least 3-4 sessions, depending on the amount of hair. The number of visits to the doctor is up to 10. A year will be enough for the armpit area.
Recommended procedure time:
- Time of the first procedure: 30-60 minutes;
- The first selection will last: 1-2 hours for each armpit.
It all depends on the zone. If there is a desire to get rid of hair on the legs, then it will take less time, if, accordingly, over the entire surface of the legs, then more. To visit the doctor for a long time up to 15-17 times for the legs, 20 or more to get rid of the hair on the legs completely. All this will last at least 2 years.
The time that the procedure will take:
- First procedure: 60 minutes for both shins and legs completely;
- Time for the first session: legs – 5-8 hours, for each leg, legs completely 10-16 hours also for each leg.
There is usually less hair on the arms, so it will take less time. However, it will also take about a year or more to forget about the hair on your hands. You will have to visit the beautician’s office 9-12 times and all this will be where there are 3-5 sessions.
Time for procedures:
- First procedure: no more than an hour, both for hands to the elbows, and completely;
- Time for the first session: 3-5 hours for arms to the elbow, 5-9 hours for both arms completely.
Face, upper lip and eyebrows
The most dangerous place for electrolysis. You need to be prepared for the fact that for some time traces will also remain on your face. Each area, but especially the face, requires an integrated approach. It is very important to regularly attend procedures and take care of your face after electrolysis. Otherwise, complications are possible. But there is good news as well. The areas of the face will take the least amount of time. Firstly, most often there is not so much hair here, and secondly, the zone is really not large. On average, both eyebrows, lips and face will require only 3-4 sessions, up to about 8-9 procedures.
The time that the procedure will take:
- First visit: no more than 15 minutes (thinning is required for the upper lip);
- First session: 30 minutes for the upper lip, 15-30 minutes for the eyebrows, 30-60 minutes for the face.
Belly, chest, back and buttocks
Not the most popular areas, but there are clients who want to get rid of hair in these areas too. In general, these zones take approximately the same amount of time. Up to 6-7 sessions (for a man’s back, a large number of procedures are possible), up to 10-12 procedures.
- First visit: abdomen, midline of the abdomen, back and buttocks 30-60 minutes, but with the breast you should be careful up to 10 minutes;
- First session: abdomen 1-4 hours, midline of the abdomen and chest 30-60 minutes, back 30 minutes-6 hours, buttocks 30-60 minutes each.
For the first selection, somewhere between 20% -30% of hair will go, for the next three up to 60%.
How many electrolysis sessions do you need to perform?
On average, it will take 5-6 sessions, you will have to come to the cosmetologist up to 15 times over the course of 1.5-2 years.
Here is an approximate table of frequency, which, by the way, the cosmetologists themselves are guided:
- 1-3 sessions – no more than 1 time in 1.5-2 months;
- 4-6 – no more than 1 time in 2-2.5 months;
- 7-8 times – every six months.
After the basic scheme of electrolysis is over, you will need to visit the beautician’s office again after a while. That is, after a couple of years, it is possible that very rare fine hairs will appear. Of course, you can fight them with tweezers or sugar paste. But this is fraught with consequences, such as ingrown hairs, in addition, it is better to get rid of them permanently. To do this, just visit your beautician again for 10-15 minutes and forget about your hair.
Is it possible to get rid of excess hair forever?
With the help of electrolysis, you can get rid of hair permanently. This is indicated by a large number of reviews on the network. Electrolysis is a very painful and long procedure, however, the effect of it will delight any client. After the first time, it is possible that the effect will not be very noticeable in rare cases, but the skin will become smoother on the next visits.
But all this is possible only with regular visits to the beautician’s office and following his recommendations.